Sunday, July 09, 2006

Mais pourquoi?!?!?!?!?!

Ah, how the mighty have fallen.

Not only did France lose the World Cup, but the footballer who stirred my teenage girly sensibilities, Zin├ędine Zidane, completely lost his mind during overtime and got thrown out of his very last game ever. You could almost hear the hearts of a million girls break simultaneously. What a way for a champion to go.

So in the end, France loses, but it's probably just as well, because I don't think I would've been happy if they had won either.

I'm sure this is a great lesson about the fallibility of heroes and not putting people up on a pedestal, but really...every now and then I just want my Hollywood ending.

2 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back Court! Yes, it was rather frightful conduct of Zizou. I was of course rooting for les bleus, and for a moment there, wasn't sure if the ref was going to book him - and I think even French people will agree that he deserved to be booked. The press this morning are saying he's going to have to apologise to millions of children around the world for his behaviour.

The resounding memory for me is the view of him walking off and going down the steps, right past the trophy. It was all there for the taking! Morale took a real dip after that and so Trezeguet missed!

But what did Matarazzi say to him? Another crack about his maghrebin roots, like that Saudi player who got a kicking from Zizou before? Who knows?

And Italy are just boring in comparison aren't they! Allez les bleus!

Neha

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a

 

Post a Comment

<< Home