Monday, February 06, 2006

In the words of Phil Collins..."I don't care no more..."

How does anyone get through grad school and not lose their freaking mind??? I am so sick of thinking about all the crap I have to do, so sick of the clock ticking over my shoulder and what's worse...I don't even care about this crap anymore. I mean, I don't care beyond a surface level. If I didn't know that I'd regret it forever, I would drop out right now and get a freaking job. That's how fed up I am.

Anyway, I keep going back to Anne Lamott's Bird by Bird, which I bought for creative writing inspiration, but which is helping me get through my thesis as well. Particularly the chapters on "Perfectionism" and "Shitty first drafts".

All I really wanna do though is watch tv.

2 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

but why would you want to have taken phonology in vain?

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Matt said...

Exactly what happened with me, although I only read a couple chapters in Bird by Bird. :)

Course it took me two years to go back and finish, but it feels really good to be done with it.

Just press through--don't worry about the ph.d 'til later. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home