Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Surreal

Watching everything that's going on in New Orleans...I think I might feel somewhat like the people in NYC after 9-11...I just can't even begin to comprehend the state of that city, and what it will be like in the aftermath.

My family there is thinking about making a permanent move...and yet there's nothing they can even really do until they can get back into what's left of their houses, and who the hell knows when that will be.

They have prisoners resting on bridges, looters who should be in prison running around the streets, people with nowhere to go...it's just so so so depressing.

2 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger yayaempress said...

Yeah, very surreal. Watching everything on TV, I feel almost like I've lost a friend.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Court said...

Me too. And my childhood as well. =(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home