Friday, July 08, 2005

Wide Awake in America...

*Friday, July 8, 5:30 a.m., Central Time*

Phone rings


Court jumps awake, angrily looks at phone and thinks, "Who the F*** is that?!?"

(angrily)"Hello."
"Court?"
"Yeah."
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing's wrong...I was sleeping."
"What are you doing sleeping?"
"Ummm...it's 5:30 in the morning!!"
"Ohhhhhh...I'm sorry..."

The wake-up call, as it turned out, was from my mum, who is currently in Paris. She had the happy (mis)fortune to arrive in Europe yesterday during all the London hoopla. Interestingly enough, she spent the entire day in Paris without knowing anything had happened (although she did wonder why the metro was evacuated out of the blue).

In any case, I'm glad she arrived safely...but any hope of me going back to sleep is completely nul.

I guess after all the times I woke her up last year, I had it coming back to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home