Monday, July 04, 2005

Damn young whippersnappers...

So last night, as I was drifting to sleep, I was reflecting on the oddity that although the lendemain was July 4th, I had yet to hear any random fireworks in the neighborhood.

"Oh well," I thought, as I closed my eyes.

Flash forward to 3 a.m., when suddenly I am awakened by what sounds like gunshots, or rocks being thrown, or someone possibly banging a large metal pole on my air conditioning unit...I sat up in bed and let out a huge scream.

My first thought was, "Damn, I scream like a girl..."

My second thought was, "What the f*** was that?!?!"

From what Kellie and I deduced, someone had lit a string of Blackcats somewhere outside (although I am convinced it was right underneath my window).

It was about another couple hours before my adrenaline stopped rushing and I could go back to sleep.

Hooray for the 4th of July.

And I really need to work on my scream.

2 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger yayaempress said...

Well, you did wonder about fireworks. You, however, didn't mention anything about the timeframe. :) Glad you had a good 4th of July!

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Court said...

True, very true.

This is how things usually turn out for me.

Hope you guys had a good 4th too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home