Thursday, June 30, 2005

Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow...

So tonight was my first night back with crewU.

I cannot, I repeat, cannot, feel my ass.

But oh it was good to be back out there. First of all, tonight we had a FULL crew...with every official member!!! Since I like to think everything is about me, I'm going to say everyone made a special effort to be there simply because it was my first night back (in reality, I'm pretty damn lucky crewU didn't kick my ass off for the number of weeks I missed).

The illustrious Matt made his big debut as cox tonight, and he did a splendid job, in spite of the fact that he didn't let us stop for a water break until we passed the Mopac bridge and turned around. If you're reading this, I'm sorry Matt, but that bothered me more than the whole almost-running-into-the-bridge thing.

But otherwise the row was goooooood...and to my very pleasant surprise, it was not as hot and miserable as I had anticipated, even in our current 90-something degree weather...something about being on the water, and a nice breeze, I don't know. Whatever it was, I'm thanking the sun, moon and stars for it.

My body, however, was not as cooperative. It decided to pay me back in full for each croissant, every slice of cheese, each bite of cream sauce, and every bowl of clam chowder I've consumed over the last 4 weeks. Sigh...

My pain was lessened somewhat with crewU Happy Hour at the Cedar Door afterwards. And I felt even better when we got a table on the patio underneath the misters. For all you Yankees, a mister is how we Southerners can sit outside in the summertime and still keep cool.

The only problem with the misters is that if you wear glasses, you have to choose between being cool or being blind.

I opted for blindness. Sweating sucks.

But in any case, it was a lovely evening. And it spite of how much I am going to hurt tomorrow morning, it's good to be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home