Tuesday, June 21, 2005

De "Jambon et Fromage sur Baguette" to "Ham and Cheese on Honey Oat"

Pictures from France

Video clips from France

Well, back in the land of the free and the home of the brave. Or whatever it is.

Everything worked out with the flight back, although I have to admit I was hoping for a storm, or an earthquake, or some other natural disaster that would have cancelled the trip, leaving me no other choice but to stay in Paris for an undetermined amount of time.

Alas, the weather was beautiful, the ground was steady, and in spite of a slight delay, we left Paris with no problem.

On the bright side, I got to the airport early enough to ask for an exit row seat. I had a huge gigantic space right in front of my feet, and when I wasn't sleeping with my legs stretched out in front of me, I was snickering at all the poor suckers around me who were crammed in their little spaces. Haha!

Today I "slept in" until 8, met some friends for coffee, went to buy some unmentionables, then met Robyn, Nate and Anne for lunch at Gueros. Let's hear it for la cuisine mexicaine!

Although I've only been back a day, I'm already taking advantage of those "little things" that I take for granted until I go to foreign countries...like free refills, asking for directions with ease, breaking large bills, and asking for substitutions and exceptions when I order at restaurants. Let's hear it for l'anglais!

Now it's time to unpack, wash clothes, then repack and get to bed early so I can catch my flight to Seattle bright and early tomorrow morning.

I feel like such a jetsetter...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home