Thursday, June 23, 2005

"CrewU Misses U"

I got this text message today, via my good buddy Mary. Thanks guys, I miss you all too. And so does my a$$, because it's getting larger and larger every week I miss practice. The croissants didn't really help much either.

In any case, after a random crazy day of flight problems and delays, I finally made it to Seattle. Whohoo! It's weird, because it's been almost 10 years since my last trip up, but it feels like no time at all.

The house, however, is currently in shambles due to renovations currently taking place. Today I took a "shower" in the sink. God bless human invention. It made me realize though, all you really need to survive is running water. And a toilet.

Today my aunt and I escaped the work for awhile and had a good ol' time. She first took me to Great Harvest bakery, where they make delicious bread and cut off big hunks of it for you to sample. I tried out Olive Feta and Dakota, this grainy grainy goodness. No French baguette by any means, but delicious in its own way.

After picking out our bread, we got sandwiches and headed out to Green Lake, where we rented BIKES!!!!!!!! Yes folks, for the second time in one month, I have gotten on a bike and lived to tell the tale!

I am really thinking about buying one when I get back to Austin. Who knew peddling around could be so much fun??

Afterwards we headed to a couple home stores to buy bathroom decorations and such. While my aunt picked out towels, I had a seat on the demo massage chair and let it work its magic on my poor over-traveled back.

Ahhh...

We came home, puttered around, then settled in front of the tv to watch the Spurs/Pistons game while eating pork chops, baked potatoes, and salad.

Man it's great to be back in America.

1 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger yayaempress said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you've had a great time with your aunt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home