Saturday, June 18, 2005

City o' Lights


Parisgroup
Originally uploaded by verretc.

Hello all, and sorry for no blog updates these days. My work schedule of 6:30 am to 7 pm has made this impossible. By the time we get back, have dinner and get home, it's already midnight or later, and I do not feel like climbing and descending the winding staircase to the lobby, which is the only place I can access the ol' WIFI.

In spite of my aching feet, I've been having fun. The days have consisted of getting up at the crack of dawn, driving in the big van through Paris rush hour, and arriving at Le Bourget.

From there we zip through security (which is not very good), and go to the Chalet to beg the caterers for coffee (one of the many unexpected dramas we've incurred).

Then we fight all the exhibitors who are demanding an immediate caffeine fix.

Wash, rinse, repeat for all the other days, except in the afternoons, you can add the sound of fighter planes flying overhead.

It's all totally worth it though. Thursday night, I happened to go to a big soiree on the Eiffel Tower (see above picture). Yes, on the same night Tom Cruise proposed to Katie Holmes!!! We didn't see him around though. Which is probably good, because I just want to punch him (and her) in the face.

Food was excellent, dancing was fun, and mingling even better. And halfway through I realized, "I'm at a big fancy party on the Eiffel Tower in Paris."

It doesn't get any better than that.

I leave on Monday and I don't want to go! I've been enjoying speaking French again...it's funny because my shyness of asking questions and that sort of thing seems to have dissappeared...dare I say I'm even thinking I'd be open to living here again one day???

I won't go there...yet.

2 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Anonymous matt said...

but you need to come back... crewU doesn't need another deliquent member, and while subs are ok, more permanent rowers are bettah...

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Court said...

I know, I know...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home