Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Back to Life...Back to Reality...



So here's the wrap-up from Seattle...

On Monday, Cheryl, Greg and I met Laurie and Vivian downtown for seafood at Steamers. Mmmm...clams. From there we hopped on a ferry boat that gave us a great view of the downtown skyline--as you can see from the picture.

Afterwards, Laurie put the bug in her parents' head to take me to REI so I could get a pair of shoes like hers (let me assure you that they are really cool). So after saying goodbye, we headed over to the most amazing sporting goods store I've ever seen. Maybe all the REIs are like that, I don't know, but something tells me that since one is the original, it's just a bit more special.

In any case, I ran to the second floor, found my shoes, found my color, found my size, they fit, they felt good, they were on sale, and I bought them. VoilĂ .

We returned to Bellevue in time for the contractor to install the air vent in the bathroom, then ate chicken fyan fyan (Cheryl's speciality) and looked at old family pictures.

A nice way to end a nice week.

Yesterday I left for Austin and had about as much fun in the airports and on airplanes as I did on my way there. I finally made it in around 2 am, and wonderful Robyn met me at the escalators.

As fun as Seattle was, I am so happy to be back in Austin...in my own house, in my own room, in my own bed...and I don't have to travel again for another few weeks.

I'm not even bothered (yet) by the heat and humidity...

Check out the pictures from Seattle...

2 Comments:

At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool picture...sort of looks like the Toronto skyline, what with the space needle and the water.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Court said...

Thanks anon...I've never been to Toronto, but I'll take your word for it! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home