Tuesday, May 31, 2005

You are now entering...The Twighlight Zone.

Well I made it. In one piece. And I'm actually in better shape than I thought I'd be in, thanks to getting an exit row/bulkhead seat on the airplane. That never happens to me. So whohoo! I still didn't sleep at all, but psychologically I felt like the Gods were smiling on me. And since I usually feel like they're trying to poke me with their celestial sticks, that was a great feeling.

The train ride to Strasbourg wasn't bad either, just long. Stupid regular speed train! But I slept the entire way, until the screaming baby roused me from my dreams. Stupid French baby!

Christelle met me at the gare and we proceeded to her apartment, where we were later met by Arnaud (who I still don't recognize sans dreadlocks), who brought pizza and frites. Ah what a healthy meal.

I've already had the pleasure of buying my first real French baguette and pain complet...ah, French bread, how I've missed you...

I slept until 11 and now I'm just farting around until Christelle takes off...and then the redecouverte of Strasbourg begins. All I can say is that I feel really weird being here...in some ways it's like I never left, and in others everything is different. I especially felt weird after seeing all of mine and Meg's dishes, sheets, etc. in Christelle's apartment (our parting cadeau). I drank coffee out of my old favorite mug this morning...yeesh.

I've already received emails from some of you asking about F-head and the pink couch and the chains o' fire. Don't worry...that's first on my list to check out...after my grand cafe creme of course.

More updates to come...

1 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger yayaempress said...

That would be so awesome if the pink couch is still there! Hope you have a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home