Wednesday, May 25, 2005

*Everything* is bigger in Texas.

*Warning* This post could give you a good case of the heebie jeebies...

So when I was moving down to Texas, all the Yankees in Indiana who had visited/lived/knew someone who lived there tried to "warn me" about the cockroaches.

Well, they weren't telling me anything I didn't already know. I grew up in Louisiana, after all, where everyone had cockroaches, no matter how clean their house was. Yes, they were disgusting but part of life.

I haven't seen a whole lot of them here in Texas, but the ones I have seen have been notable. Huge. Bigger than anything I have ever seen in Louisiana.

And now they're starting to freak me out.

Last night, after hearing my classy neighbors get in a big fight and scream and yell, I turned off my a/c because I heard this funy scratching noise at the window. I listened...silence...then more scratching.

I got nervous...then I heard something that sounded like wing-flapping, which didn't make me feel much better.

I peeked through the blinds...and to my horror, I saw the biggest monster cockroach I have EVER seen in my life. I wasn't even sure it WAS a cockroach at first. He was at least as long as my middle finger, and thick and armored and THANK GOD he was on the other side of the window...perhaps even stuck between the panes.

Needless to say, I couldn't sleep for the rest of the night, because I kept hearing him, and I kept worrying he was going to find a way to get through the window and get me. Then came the creepy crawly dreams....yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh..................

So today I am exhausted. And when I looked in the window he was gone.

I quite honestly don't know if that made me feel better or worse.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home