Thursday, February 10, 2005

Stick-in-the-mud Court

I'm finding myself getting more and more cynical the older I get. I don't think it's necessarily a good thing.

Anyway, what brought this on is I saw the movie Garden State the other night. Since it came out, I have heard nothing but rave reviews from everyone:

"Oh this is the best movie ever!!!"
"Ohhhhhh....."
"You've GOT to see it"
"Amazing!"
"Two thumbs up!"

You get the idea.

Well, I FINALLY had my chance to see it...and this is what I thought at the end:

"Meh."

I mean, it was okaaaaaaaaaaay...but I think my first issue is I REALLY don't like Natalie Portman. Don't ask me why, I don't know where my intense dislike of her came from, but I just don't think I could get past it. I think my dislike for her is only rivaled by Brittany Murphy.

Second, romantic movies are just annoying. I think they set people up for some idealistic, unrealistic, impossible expectations which cause the person doing the expecting to wonder what is wrong with them or their boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse, etc because the music doesn't swell when they kiss. Ugh. I find my tolerance for this genre gets smaller and smaller each passing day.

Boy, that rant just made me sound like a bitter single person.

Finally, this film aggravated me because all his deep rooted psychological problems (and he was pretty f-ed up) were just magically lifted in this two day time period. And because of this girl. Course, he admitted he "had a lot of work to do" but still, life was great. Ugh. Don't get me started.

I don't know. The movie was fine. I'm glad I saw it. But I begin to wonder if there's something wrong with me, given that I am the only one parmi mes friends who is not all ga-ga obsessed.

And you know something else? The soundtrack is nice, and I'm glad my roomate owns it, but I don't feel the need to listen to it 24 hours a day. And you know what else?? I don't think The Shins are the greatest thing since sliced bread either!

So there.

1 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger srah said...

I feel "meh" too.

OMIGOD, the Blogger comments interface changed. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home