Monday, February 28, 2005

My new baby...


My Mac
Originally uploaded by verretc.

I had an unexpected addition to my family yesterday...yes friends, I am now the proud owner of a new 12 in Powerbook!

Yeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwww! One of my lifelong dreams has been realized!

It was an unhappy circumstance that led me to purchase it, unfortunately...some of my loyal readers may remember the logic board issues my iBook was plagued with last year while I was in France.

Well, the iBook has been really fussy lately, and I've been getting quite annoyed...and then Sunday, I was online, the screen flickered, then frazzled, then I rebooted...

And there was no screen at all.

Logic Board defect Part III.

It is only my complete belief in Apple (and my pure dislike for Bill Gates) that this has been a crazy fluke, that permitted me to buy another Apple.

But I have not let Steve Jobs & Co. off the hook so easily. I had a nice conversation with the tech support team and told them how they were losing loyal customers in a world of PCs because they were unable to provide a permanent solution to the problem. I also went on and on about feeling betrayed and how I had converted the masses to Apple and look what they done.

I'm sure my dramatic soapbox speech made a really strong impression.

In typical young kid/minimum wage earning fashion, the techie had nothing to say. And maybe I'm a bit harsh, after having worked at PG and knowing what true customer service is supposed to be like in an ideal world.

But all I can say is, this mo' fo' better not let me down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home