Monday, November 15, 2004

This is Notre Dame.


dome
Originally uploaded by verretc.

Back from yet another little jaunt to Indiana. This visit featured a longer stay AND a football game. Bow chicka bow bow.

I arrived on Wed night, and was met at the airport by the lovely Drevs. She took me back to Irish Hills and we proceeded to obsess over my latest personal crisis rather than go to sleep at a decent hour.

Woke up Thurs morning incredibly tired, and I have to say that the cold air and dark midwest sky did not do much to remedy this. Fortunately, the coffee at Original Pancake House did.

Dropped off Drevs at work, ran some errands, met Nanci for lunch, chilled out for awhile, then headed to Kathie and Bill's for an amazing home-cooked dinner. Kathie is an amazing cook. We had pork tenderloin, butternut squash, salad, yellow rice, and cornbread. Mmmmmm...

Friday went to Highland to see Chris, got confused about the time change, and managed to meet everyone at Martins just as they were leaving. Boo!!

All was not lost, however, because Oz and Court were reunited again, the first time on the American continent in over a year. Whohoo!

Nance and I went to the pep rally Friday night and I got to watch her kick some major ass--stupid rude people who were blocking our view.

Back to the house then back out again to the seedy Club 23, except no one but Drevs and her family were there. Nonetheless we all managed to play drinking games (that Diet Coke is potent) for an hour.

Saturday dawned bright and beautiful, not a cloud in the sky. Drove to Brigid's to leave la voiture and we walked over to campus. After a few hours walking around the lakes, eating Subway, and watching the band, I headed out to the stadium to meet Oz and family, who were gracious enough to give me their extra ticket. How awesome is that? Especially since I was originally supposed to go with Drevs but she had to go to Chicago at the last minute. God bless the Osborns.

Unfortunately, the Irish had a heart breaking loss to Pitt, partially due to the stupid horrible referees and partially due to the defense. WTF??? My constant screaming rendered me with a sexy voice today.

Saturday night ended at Oscars where I attempted to play pool with Oz and CB. Thanks to her tutelage (sp??) I actually managed to knock some of the balls in the pocket. Go me.

Sunday was incredibly uneventful so I don't really have anything to say about it.

Back in Austin today, where it's raining but not too cold. I decided to sit in my pjs an extra hour and drive to school.

So there's the weekend in a nutshell. And this time, I managed to take lots o' pictures. Today's photo is of the Golden Dome, the main building on campus. I'll put up some new ones every few days or so. Maybe a series or some sort...

Happy Monday everyone!

2 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger yayaempress said...

Glad you had a good trip! Now I can't wait til I get home to see your pictures. (Flikr is blocked here at work.)

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Court said...

What's up with that??? Jeez, it's like they expect you to work at work or something!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home