Thursday, October 07, 2004

I gots me a book...

So I have to say that right now, hands down, my favorite class is Second Language Acquisition. In case the class title isn't explanatory enough for you, it's basically on the theory of how people learn foreign languages, how it relates to their native language, and the ability of users to ever achieve "native-like" competence in the second language.

I took this class with a "Well, why not?" sort of attitude, and I can't remember ever liking a class so much. It seems like each week I start to formulate some "Ah has" on how people learn and what they can achieve, and then BAM there's a new bombshell dropped. Trop cool.

I'm doubly excited because this week, after asking some questions post-class, my professor lent me a book that's "hot off the press" for a possible report, or at the least just my own personal knowledge. I finally starting looking through it today and it is oh so cool. As Oz would say, I need a towel.

It is so cool to enjoy and get excited about learning...it's what school should really be about.

On a side note, wish me luck tomorrow--I teach a class solo for the first time this semester. Can we say NERVOUS???

2 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger yayaempress said...

Awesome Court! I'm sure you'll do fantastic at teaching today. You've had all that practice back in Strousburg.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Court said...

Thanks for the moral support! It ended up going pretty well! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home