Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Well, THAT'S reassuring...

So, what's been going on in la vie de Courtenay lately?

Well, first, you'll be pleased to know that AD and I finally made it to ballroom dance class. It was interesting. There were actually more guys than girls there, a phenomenon I have never heard of before. More interestingly, they were about 98% all foreign, so I spent most of the evening repeating the same conversation:

Me: "Hi, my name is Courtenay" (sticking out hand)
Dance Partner: "Hi Courtenay, my name is LSVOIESNVEDSJKDJVHSKDJFH" (shaking hand)
Me: "I'm sorry?" (cupping hand to ear)

It was fun though. AD is trying to talk me into the joining the club, but I'm not a big joiner, mostly because I'm scared of committment, especially where money is concerned. So we'll see.

The other big news is the drama surrounding my classes. I've been contemplating the idea of dropping a class, since I'm taking an extra one and since I'm starting to realize I have no time. However, when it came to talking to the professor, I chickened out once I went into his office and got into my good little girl people pleasing element and thus I'm still enrolled in the class.

Then when I reported back to my fellow classmates, I got a bunch of sympathy and "that's horrible" and while I was feeding off of it at first, it really just started to make me feel worse. Especially when AD "dissappeared" for awhile and came back bearing brownies and bubble tea for me. After I informed him that I couldn't eat sugar (but thank you I appreciate the gesture), he replied, "Well you're going to die with all those classes anyway, so you might as well enjoy the trip down."

Yes, thank you for your support.

1 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger Bridget said...

Hmmm...Fear of commitment?...must run in the family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home