Monday, September 13, 2004

Stupid bus. Stupid driver. Stupid heat.

So one of the things I love about Austin is that it has a really good public transportation system.

What I like even better is that I can use it for free, being a UT student. It's great not having to buy a parking permit and deal with morning traffic.

What I don't like, however, is the fact that I cannot seem to find a bus stop around campus that is not incredibly complicated or totally out of my way. If I want to go home, I have to make a big 20 minute uphill hike (which wouldn't be so bad except for the heat and humidity) or spend an hour waiting, walking, switching and walking some more.

Way too long.

In particular, today after an hour of riding a bus with a broken air conditioner, the driver went past my stop and kept going, despite my desperate ringing of the bell. It wasn't until he had already gone way past where I needed to go and the other passengers started yelling at him that he stopped. At a railroad crossing. He said he "didn't hear it."

So then I had to take another 10 minute hike uphill to get home. In 93 degree weather.

I'm not lazy, I just don't like walking outside midday in hot weather and humidity. Particularly when I'm not dressed for it.

But what are you gonna do when the service is free?

Bitch bitch...moan moan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home