Saturday, September 11, 2004

The Irony of Iced Tea

Since I've been back down South, my iced tea consumption has risen dramatically. In fact, I would say it's competing with my diet coke consumption. Yes, you heard me correctly, and it's because they know how to make "real" iced tea in the South. Sorry, but you Yankees are just deficient in that arena.

So something I once heard in high school has come flashing back into my mind.

Only in the South do we:

Boil water to make tea
Pour it over ice to make it cold
Put in sugar to make it sweet
Squeeze in lemon to make it sour

4 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger yayaempress said...

Yes, but it's full of love!!

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Court said...

And it's goooooooooooooooood...

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Teresa Dunn said...

Salut!

I am sooooo missing the iced tea! I grew up in GA. I started reading your Blog when I saw the name. (I am a French Teaching minor) Up here in Michigan, we just don't get good iced tea...but good old Diet coke from Atlanta GA can be had anywhere in the world and that's cool with me!

Tess

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Court said...

I knew someone who goes to Eastern Michigan I think...

Yeah. To Yankees, "good" iced tea is lemon flavored Lipton in a can. That's like eating instant grits. Although I like instant grits...so nevermind, bad analogy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home