Tuesday, September 21, 2004

From the mouths of babes...

Below is a conversation that took place tonight between me and my 8 year old cousin, Eliana...
*********************************************************************
Eliana: Courtenay, what are you doing to do when you finish school?
Court: Well Eliana, I don't know. Maybe I'll teach.
Eliana: Maybe you can come teach at my school!
Court: Well Eliana, I don't know if your school would really want me to teach what I'm learning.
Eliana: Maybe you could get a job at HEB (the local grocery store chain).
Court: Yes, maybe.
Eliana: They would pay you a lot of money.
Court: Is that so? How do you know?
Eliana: Well, every time we go in there, they always have tons of people, so they have to be paying their employees a lot of money because they sell so much.
Court: (trying hard not to burst her youthful bubble) Hmmm...I don't know. Do
you think they give the employees all the money that they make, or do you think it goes to the big people behind the desk?
Eliana: Huh?
Court: Nevermind.
Eliana: I bet you would make more money at HEB than you would teaching.
Court: You're probably right.

1 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, Blogger yayaempress said...

Aww, how sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home