Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Exam=Over. Court=Spent

Phew.

I didn't fail, that I know for sure. But how did I do? I couldn't really tell you.

Today, upon sitting down for the exam, for the first time in my life, I experienced that dreaded feeling of panic, immediately followed by everything I had been studying for the past week running out of my head.

I did not like this feeling.

So I did a bit of flipping through the test to get to a more comfortable section, said a quick little prayer, and slowly the inspiration came.

The nice thing about essay tests is they give you a chance to write down every single thing you know about something, thus increasing the chance that you can get some "sympathy points" from your professor at the end.

Except I don't think I'll get any sympathy points from the first section of definitions, where I made up completely ridiculous ambigous definitions for two words I had no idea what he was talking about. They went a little like this:

Question: Define Relation de Syntagme (par rapport blah blah blah...)
My answer: The syntagme relates to others by means of syntagmes which correspond in the sentence along with other syntagmes.

Or something like that.

Additionally, after spending 20 minutes on two questions thinking, "WHAT THE F***????", I realized these were bonus items and proceeded to make up ridiculous but "e for effort" guesses and turn the gd test back in.

Afterwards I made up an excuse not to attend the student association meeting in hopes of avoiding the comparing and "I put this" vs. "I put that." It f***s with my head too much.

I'm looking forward to an evening of relaxing, watching The Apprentice, and trying to erase the memory of this afternoon from my mind.

But I'd appreciate some positive vibes directed toward my grade if you have time. Hopefully I'll get it back next Monday.

3 Comments:

At 5:36 AM, Blogger yayaempress said...

Court, I'm sure you did better than you think you did on your test. But I'm still sending good vibes your way!

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always used to try to avoid people after exams - the last thing I wanted to find out that everyone except me put a particular answer for something. I hate writing essays, which is why I went for the Maths subjects - either you know how to work out the answer or you don't... unfortunately this worked against me on a few occasions, but at least you can try to bluff your way through and maybe get something for it :)

Jenny
On Top of the World

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Court said...

Yeah, I'm always about bullshitting my way through stuff, although this prof seems to have a pretty good bs detector so we'll see!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home