Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Blogging from a scary office (without wireless connection) near you...

So today is the first day I have really gotten to go inside and view my "office."

There is a system of keys here at the university that is tres complique...basically having to get a special form from the secretary, then drag your ass across campus in the stifling heat to pick up the key set from a scary building labeled, "Keys." And, as my new best friend, fellow TA, and office mate Andre said, "How friendly can be people be who spend 8 hours a day giving out keys?"

Yes, I quite agree.

So, given last week's high temperatures, my inherent laziness, and perhaps justified fear, I just haven't gone to get them yet.

Fortunately, one of the other TAs had a spare set and gave me hers. Hooray! Kind of.

I share a space with a couple other TAs, although how many I don't know because Andre and I are the only ones who have actually gone in here and staked claim.

It appears that this space was once used as storage for the annual French play, so among the desks and one stray computer there is also a papier mache brick wall, a wooden telephone booth, a blonde wig, and what appears to be a red sequin bra.

I'm stylin'.

Actually, I don't really care about any of that, my main annoyance is that the wireless network does not seem to reach up here, since we are (quite literally) in the rafters.

Not that it's a big deal, cause there's a computer in here and a lab right next door, but still. I want to use my lil' iBook.

Oh well. At least I have a swivel chair.

And a red sequin bra.

2 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Blogger Court said...

Upon discussing the red sequin bra and blonde wig, Andre made sure to clarify that they do not belong to him.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger yayaempress said...

Well it's good to know you have what's important in life. And I bet the blonde wig & red sequined bra really are Andre's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home