Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Reports That Led to Terror Alert Were Years Old, Officials Say

Case in point. I'll take a "political waffler" over someone who invokes fear to control the people he "leads" any day.

WASHINGTON, Aug. 2 -Much of the information that led the authorities to raise the terror alert at several large financial institutions in the New York City and Washington areas was three or four years old, intelligence and law enforcement officials said on Monday. They reported that they had not yet found concrete evidence that a terrorist plot or preparatory surveillance operations were still under way.

Click here to continue reading...(free registration required)

3 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Yeah, that's pretty funny. I just saw the headline on My Yahoo site.... huh....drives me crazy.

 
At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better safe than sorry, I've always said....and I'm sure the survivors in New York City would feel the same!

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Court said...

I agree, but there's a big difference between necessary caution and manipulating with fear for your own political gain!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home