Wednesday, August 11, 2004

The Chronicles of Mr. Mistoffelees...

Once upon a time, there was a little black Honda that was so chiant, its owner was convinced it was possessed by the devil. The trixy false car-esses gave her more problems in a shorter span of time than any car is allowed. At night she could hear him cackling at her. One day the owner got so fed up, she decided to drive him off of a cliff to rid the world of its evil presence.

If only there was a cliff nearby.

Well, here's the latest--as of late, Mr. Mistoffelees has been making a sort of high-pitched whistling noise. At first, I decided to take the mentality of, "If I ignore it, maybe it will go away..."

It didn't. And since I'm about to drive it across the country, I thought maybe I should probably check it out.

So yesterday I brought my car to Basney for an oil change (and just as an aside, they remembered me!), and they told me it was probably the brakes (which I also thought, except for the fact that the noise was happening even when I accelerated), and it would probably cost $200 to fix.

Those jokesters.

So I said, "Hmmm, let me check my schedule and I'll call to make an appointment" just to save face, and then proceeded to dial up good ol' Rick, who's been my mechanic since the days of my Volvo. That's a long time.

In all honesty, I love the people at Basney, and I would love to have them fix my car, but I am not paying twice as much in order to say my car was fixed by a Honda dealer. That just kills me.

So I brought Mr. Mistoffelees into Rick's today, warned them about his bad luck, and Rick himself gave me a ride home. They're nice peeps too.

So we'll see how much this one is gonna cost. Counting up all the money this GD car has cost me, not to mention worry and stress, I could have just kept my Toyota. I wish this evil spirit would just leave my car alone! Perhaps when I'm in Texas and not driving it, he'll quit giving me problems. Then again, this is Mr. Mistoffelees.

I wonder if they'll perform exorcisms on cars?...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home