Saturday, July 10, 2004

Homeless No More

Hello all,

I am pleased to announce that after three weeks of stressing, worrying and obsessing about where I'm going to live in Austin, I have finally found a home.

Awhile back, when I was starting all the housing hoopla, my mom produced the name of my 2nd cousin thrice removed (or something like that) who lives in Austin. So thinking "what the hell" I emailed her.

Since that time, she has bent over backwards giving advice and suggesting places, and then found out that her 32 year old school-teacher neighbor was renting a room in her house across the street.

We chatted for a bit today...she lives within walking/biking distance from the school, the rent is reasonable, the house sounds cute, and I am gonna do it!

Of course now I have focused my attention from worrying about finding a place to live to worrying about getting along with the person I'm going to be living with, but I think it'll be alright.

But for the moment, I am just so damn relieved to have found a place that I can't focus on anything but that.

3 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, Blogger Carol said...

YAY! I'm so glad you've found a place to live. I hope I can help you move down there!!!

Mmmm, Hacienda margaritas. I'm going to bed now :)

My blog....www.xanga.com/carolobell

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger cristina said...

don't forget that you'll always be welcome chez superscarf + friends! :)

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Court said...

Whohoo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home