Sunday, July 04, 2004

El Diablo: The Curse of the Black Honda Civic

My car was broken into last night.

I was awoken at 5:00 this morning by Nanci, telling me the police were here and I needed to come out because someone had broken into my car.

So, stumbling around in the darkness, I find my jeans, I find my glasses, I do not find any gum to cover up my morning breath, and I head outside to see my little black car, window smashed open, stereo ripped from its nest in my dashboard.

Mother. F*cker.

So we talk to the police, who tells us there have been a bunch of car break-ins around the neighborhood recently, and that they have a suspect, so maybe there's a chance they'll find my stereo.

So, I'll be sure to hold my breath for that one.

Nanci and Pat, who are the most wonderful people in the world, taped up my window (so now I have the hooptie mobile, complete with a black garbage bag and duct tape, I'm stylin') and even vacuumed out the glass for me.

I went back to bed, and then woke up realizing that since the bastards were in the car, they might have also gotten in the trunk.

No...they wouldn't have gone in the trunk, would they?

Yes, yes they would have.

And they decided to relieve me of the damnblasted speakers that I brought back from France (they'll have fun trying to use them with a European cord, I hope it blows up in their faces) and my leather backpack/purse, that was fortunately empty except for some lipstick and crap.

The police report has been filed, I called my insurance company, and they will replace everything (after I meet my deductible, so basically I am still out $$$$$$) except the speakers. Because the only contents not attached in a car that are covered are luggage. My speaker is not considered luggage.

Even if it was in a suitcase?

Even if it was in a suitcase.

I'm running the gamut of emotions about all of this, but none more than bitter irony--first, I just bought this stereo when I got back from France, because the factory one was broken. I haven't even paid for it yet. I have never owned anything bling bling in my life. It has a detachable face plate, that I have been very good about removing from the car when I leave. And then the one time I leave it in there, BAM.

But what's killing me most of all, this GD car has brought nothing but trouble since I've bought it. If anything else happens to or because of it, I am going to sell it.

Seriously. It is the devil.

And it shall henceforth be known as El Diablo.

4 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger yayaempress said...

Court, how aweful! I'm sorry about your car.

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Court said...

Thanks Donna, I appreciate it.

Yeah, it really sucks, but shit happens I guess. Blah.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Big Oz said...

How about El Dueceablo?

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Court said...

How about spawn of satan?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home