Friday, June 25, 2004

Kitty in ma lap

Happy Friday.

Since I arrived at Nanci and Pat's, I've been trying to make friends with their two cats, Java and Sprockets.

While they've met me before, I don't think they have quite yet understood why I never seem to leave the house, and thus tend to look at me funny. Beyond the occasional pat on the head, they don't come around me much.

Last night, however, I had a major breakthrough, when Sprockets climbed up on the sofa next to me...then a little closer...then a little closer...then curled up on my stomach and purred. She stayed there for awhile, then jumped off the couch, much to my dissappointment.

I think she realized she hurt my feelings, however, because a little while later, when I was on the computer, she put her paws on my leg and butted my hand for a pat.

I'm in.

1 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger yayaempress said...

Yes, it sounds as if you've tamed the beast!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home