Friday, June 04, 2004

Goodbye La France

Well this is it folks, we're at the end of the line. We have officially returned the keys to 12 place St. Etienne and are now in the process of saying goodbye to dear Strasbourg.

Tonight we celebrate my birthday with Christelle at Le Petit Ours. Hooray!

It hasn't hit me that I am living. It's all very surreal. I think when I get on the plane I'll feel it then.

Wish us safe travels and that our bags aren't too heavy to get on the airplane. Because franchement, I'm concerned.

So I decided to leave France with yet another list. Enjoy.

Things I will miss about France (and just might take back to the USA)
Cafe, specifically Grande Cafe Creme. Also sitting at a cafe for hours and people watching.

Crepes and Gallettes

Toasting every time you share a drink

Eating/drinking outside

Aperatifs in the evening

Lingering over meals (i.e. not getting rushed out of a restaurant)

Love of dairy (although to be honest I had this in the States)

Envie to walk instead of drive

Putting relationships before profit

Free incoming cell phone calls and text messages

Cigones

Doner Kebab

Chocolat served with cafe

SCARVES

Saying Bonjour and Au Revoir when going into stores

Le Systeme D

Traveling by train

Street performers

Manifestations

Student Discounts

Tartines

Artful Patisserie

Cheap flights

Tax and gratuity included

Le Tram (public transportation)

Cheese

FRESH BREAD

Shoes

*******************************************

Well that's all for now folks. When I get back to the states I'll have a list of things I WON'T miss about France...

Stay tuned and see you on the other side of the Atlantic!

2 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger cristina said...

happy belated bday. thought to leave a comment yesterday but yer bday post hadn't gone up yet. then you left. eek. so anyway, hope yer enjoying an in-flight movie right about now, and hope you get back and aren't too shocked by the culture!

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Court said...

Thanks!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home