Sunday, June 13, 2004

God Bless America

Hello from the Heartland of America (or whatever they call it) everyone.

I am proud to report that I, along with my lemon of a car, made it safe and sound to South Bend. After bringing it back to the mechanics (they have a dartboard with our picture on it now) they proclaimed they heard no noise and there was nothing wrong with it.

And after driving it 1,000 miles, I heard no noise either.

So whatever.

I am now getting settled in at Nanci and Pat's house, and they welcomed me back with a big cookout yesterday. Major excitement first because I haven't been to a cookout in a year, but secondly because they invited a bunch of friends in our giant clique and it was awesome to see everyone again.

Today I made it out to Martins, but only for coffee (I will hit the salad bar tomorrow), and even went to a movie. Thank you lord for huge screens and stadium seating, and no French subtitles on the bottom. Ahhhh...

Tonight Master Sean scored us free tix for Mark Lundholm. If you've never seen one of his shows, I highly recommend it. HIL.AR.I.OUS. Even if you're not friends with Bill.

It feels good to be in the USA. Not overly weird. Perhaps I wasn't in France long enough for it to be weird. I don't know. But in keeping with this spirit:

Here is a list of things I will not miss about France
Coca Light
Expensive Coca Light
Jour feries (bank holidays)
Everything closing at 7 p.m. and Sundays
French "Fashion" (this one made both of my lists...)
F*ckhead, drumming, noise, murders, domestic violence
Pants tucked into the socks
Fanny Packs
Greves
Quality French television, such as "Sept a la maison" and the Mario Lopez bike patrol show...
Bureaucracy/Le Systeme D
Cutting in lines
Being asked about GWB 24/7
Lack of ice in glasses

Ummmm...

I had a whole list written out but it's upstairs in my bag somewhere and I'm too lazy to look for it. So next time I come down to blog I'll try to remember and bring it. But suffice to say, la Court is la contente, for now.

She does start work on Tuesday...

3 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger yayaempress said...

Welcome back!

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Court said...

Thanks!!

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger srah said...

They always give me ice when I *don't* want it. Who wants ice in juice?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home