Thursday, June 03, 2004

Down to the Wire

Ok, so I move out of my apartment tomorrow. On my birthday no less. No more 12 place St. Etienne! No more F*ckhead! No more twirling chains of fire! No more pink couch! No more attempted murders!

Waaaaah!

Meg and I have now taken all our decorations down and the apartment is vide. I hate it. This is the main thing I can't stand about moving--when you have nothing left to make your place recognizable. Then you just need to get the hell outta there because it's too weird.

Yesterday was oh so good though in spite of apt clean up. First we saw Mr. Pfeiffer (P is not silent) and found out we can keep the bank accounts open as long as we want. So no problem getting our deposit back.

The big event though was seeing HP POA. Can I tell you how hyper we were? Made worse by the fact that we got a free espresso beforehand.

Here are my thoughts on the flick:

The kids have grown up. If it wasn't against the law, I would have a crush on Daniel and Rupert.

Neville Longbottom has beaucoup change!

Yes it's much darker, both in tone and lighting. Took awhile to get used to. But I liked it.

I felt like they rushed quite a bit of the story. But I guess you can't do everything.

Hippogriff=Tres cool.

I wish they had shown more of Remus Lupin's relationship with his students and what a good teacher he is...but then again I'm picky. He is my favorite character after all.

The Dementors didn't look like I thought they would.

The never tell you that Lupin, Sirius, Pettigrew and James are Mssrs Moony, Padfoot, Wormtail and Prongs. I think that's pretty important.

You got to see more of Hogwarts and what it's like to be a student and that was really cool.

They didn't show enough of Snape and the animosity between him and Lupin, Sirius, et al. Boo.

Double Boo on the Snape thing because I am in love with Alan Rickman (thankfully that's not against the law) and wanted to see (and hear) more.

The whole Time Turner sequence was tres cool.

I liked the few lines, etc they added that were not in the book.

It's a good movie so go see it dammitt! But you should really read the books cause they're better.
************************************************************

Anyway, after HP we headed back chez nous and were treated with a thunderstorm. It's been ages. I loved it.

Finally we met my friend Christelle and her friend Arnaud for dinner. Arnaud has recently cut off his long dreadlocks and I had no clue it was him. Wow.

So I'm heading back now to 12 place St. Etienne to finish some choses, mail a box home, and perhaps grab a coffee.

Then it's time to mop our nasty nasty kitchen floor. This is going to be a hands and knees job and I am not looking forward to it.

Well folks, a demain, for my last blog in France!

1 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Blogger srah said...

Ron Weasley is dreamy, except that's wrong. Bad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home