Sunday, June 20, 2004

Back in da Bend

Happy Sunday morning everyone. For some reason since I've been back, I've been unable to do my whole 'sleep till noon' thing. Maybe it's because I'm no longer in France...or maybe because I am no longer being woken up every hour by screaming/laughing/drunken singing/twirling/fighting/bleeding, so I don't know. But in any case, 8am has become "sleeping in" for me.

Anyway, yesterday started my first full weekend in the Bend, and was oh so pleasant. First, because it was a bee-you-ti-ful day. No clouds in the sky, and it was nice and cool.

But it was good mostly because I got to see all my peeps yesterday morning. It has been so (too) long. And then, of course, we made our regular excursion to Martins afterwards. Just like old times.

I wrapped up the day at a graduation party held for my friend Kathi's son. I like the whole graduation party thing. We didn't do that when I graduated high school. In fact, I don't really think it's as popular in the South as the Midwest...maybe I'm wrong...but from my experience, if we had a party, it was usually just right after the ceremony. In fact I think I had a group graduation party with some of my friends right after which only lasted a couple hours. Then we all went out. No big hoopla.

But in any case, I got to meet Kathi's entire family and hang out with them all day. So it was tres tres nice.

Today I'm off to the cinema with Drevs and Mary, and seeing more of my peeps tonight.

Oooo. Rah.

2 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Big Oz said...

Ooh, the cinema! With my movie buddies. What did you see?

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger yayaempress said...

We had parties after graduation - about 3 of them. Too much fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home