Thursday, May 06, 2004

Bye Bye Friends

History in the making.

So I'm a bit sad that I'm going to miss the big series finale tonight.

I always liked the show, although I was never super anal about disconnecting the phone and never making plans for Thursday night. I mostly just watched it if I was home or caught the re-runs.

After this year, however, Friends means so much more, because that is all my roomate and I watched. You could say it was our "sanity maintainer."

We both, ironically, each brought a season of DVDs to France (Me=Season 2, Her="Best of"), but since we've been here, Meg has managed to collect several more seasons. This made for lots of "Must-See TV" nights at 12 place St. Etienne, when French television just got to be too much to bear.

We watched so much of it, in fact, I once had a dream where I was explaining to Ross why he needed to get back together with Rachel.

Then I decided I really needed to stop watching Friends.

But I digress. This show began when I was 14 years old. I'm now almost 25. This was "my" generation.

I'm just a little sentimental, that's all.

In any case, I hope you all enjoy the show. I'm hoping someone will tape it for me.

And we'll see if Ross took my advice...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home