Tuesday, March 16, 2004

The Red Shoes

Do any of you remember this Grimm fairy tale? I read it when I was a kid and it scared the sh*t out of me. It was about some spoiled vain little girl and then she got a pair of red shoes that were enchanted and she started to dance in them and couldn't take them off. So she was condemned to spend the rest of her life dancing in the red shoes. The line I remember most was some creepy guy saying, "Dance till your body becomes a skeleton and you exist no more" or something like that.

Grimm is one f-ed up guy.

Anyway, I really don't know what happens at the end. They had to cut off her legs or something?

You may be wondering where I'm going with this.

WELL--I bought a pair of red shoes today! I have finally crossed that French fashion threshold and there's no turning back my friends!

I haven't started the dancing yet...but haven't really broken them in yet either, so we'll see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home