Monday, February 23, 2004

Paris!

Well spent yet another weekend traveling, this time back to Paris to meet up with one of Drevs' friends. Mike is spending the month in Brussels on a business trip.

As always Paris did not dissappoint...here are some of the highlights:

Getting assigned to room 505 of the Hotel Libertel yet again.

Finally riding to the top of the Eiffel Tower after 20 years of wanting to.

Being handed 1400 euros in cash by two Chinese tourists to buy them Louis Vuitton (sp??) wallets. Apparently they could only buy two at a time and wanted them for souvenirs. The 365 euro ones, to be exact. We then spent an hour in line and with a personal shopper to pick up the wallets. Between Mike and me, there was over a month's worth of my salary in cash. And the cheapskates couldn't even tip us for helping them out. After observing all the other Chinese tourists staking out the Louis Vuitton store, we realized we weren't the only saps suckered into shopping for someone else. Those cheapskates are lucky we're honest people.

Randomly meeting people from New Orleans.

Eating sushi for the first time. Not only did I enjoy it, but I think I learned how to use chopstix too! Go me!

Taking an 8 hour train ride back to Strasbourg. Due to an accident we had to pull into some random station and wait forever until we could go again. Fortunately I think I can get some money back. Hooray!

So now I'm back in the Bourg' and have vacation for the next 2 weeks. I am incredibly bummed I couldn't afford a ticket to Londres...or Nantes...or Portugal...or anywhere else for that matter. But I haven't given up hope yet. Maybe I will be spontaneous and get lucky on prices.

At the least I am going to my friend Anthony's wedding this weekend in Burgandy. Hooray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home